Blog post #5

Topic : Marketing

Using social media to develop PLN:

Using social media to develop my PLN in terms of a topic around marketing my opportunities are quite vast. Marketing blends the world of business with the psychological and art world. Understanding how to properly project your given advertisement with the knowledge of proper design as well as understanding how it will affect potential clients is vital with marketing. Being that this topic considers a few backgrounds and topics it opens the demographic to who is interested in this topic. My audience for marketing could easily be found from forums with Artists, graphic designers, businesspeople, and even psychologists. Not only is forums and groups a great way of reaching out to people in the particular sector, Currently Instagram and Tiktok are extremely viable sources for like-minded individuals in this topic. Instagram is a place for individuals to post and express their work so finding design and business forward people from hashtags and different pages is very accessible. Another cool trend on Tiktok currently is people taking companies’ logos and rebranding them to look more modern or luxurious! This trend has opened a new door for like-minded marketing individuals to come together and find influencers to build onto their outlooks on marketing and design. So, with all these opportunities to expand a PLN, I would begin by joining forums and engaging with the diverse variety of people linked to marketing to expand my overall beliefs and opinions on the topic. Then from there, I would begin to follow marketing-driven individuals on Instagram to grasp incite from professionals in the field. I would also do the same thing with Tiktok and engage in the comments which can at times have such good insight into a video!

Using PLN to leverage needs of a social media campaign

If I was going to curate a social media campaign around marketing, my expanded PLN from before would allow me to do quite a lot. A social media campaign creates traffic, improves engagement, gains feedback, and hopefully increases sales. By using my diverse Facebook forums, I would be able to create a huge number of connections. Using those connections, I could easily gain traffic and engagement by reaching out to these people but also the forums themselves. Another great way would be through the use of Tiktok. Many individuals are now using Tiktok to gain popularity and interest and by using my account which I made connections with prior through comments and profiles I could reach similar individuals through my fun Tiktok, which also could gain interest from anyone on the app! Tiktok is such a new and amazing way of marketing as if you gain popularity from one video, your whole company/product can quickly rise to fame! Not only could I gain engagement and traffic with my PLN but these connections I curated can be integrated into my campaign, through endorsements and actual participation in the campaign.

1. julie

Hi Abrucks,

I really like your idea on how you market your PLN through those popular social media. However, you only told us why those social media were necessary. I wonder if you can tell me more about what is your topic of your PLN.

2. qiningliu

I agree with the idea of using tiktok to recruit customers because tiktok is really an attractive platform. Since the videos it produces only last for a short time, people can hold their attention till the last, which is a better form than normal advertisements like text messages or email. An attractiev and accessible form is the first step of marketing in my opinion.

3. edci338ziwang

Thank you for this blog. I think your analysis of Tiktok trend is very cool. Your chosen topic for this blog is marketing. I defitenly agree that Tiktok provides many marketing ideas, Tiktok is where we can know what young people like and dislike, it is a good place to understand young customer behaviours.